About Your Child Support Case

At The Law Offices of Jason P. Reese, I am committed to being honest with my clients at all times, especially when it comes to tackling the toughest matters involved in divorce — asset division, spousal support, child custody arrangements and child support orders. I am family law attorney Jason Reese. When a client comes to our law firm for an initial consultation and asks questions, I respond honestly, giving them an upfront assessment of their situation, always being candid about the importance of further investigation to discover the whole truth.

Meeting with me for an initial interview about your family law matter is like taking your car to a mechanic. A mechanic needs to thoroughly examine the car, using all the tools available to him and a good dose of common sense, before he can tell you what the problems are and offer you options for dealing with them. Likewise, when you share your unique concerns about child support and related issues, I will be able to direct you appropriately.

If you have questions or concerns about child support, please contact our law offices in Canton, Ohio, for a consultation. I am ready to put our honesty and experience to work for you. I will strive to protect your best interests and financial security.

Honest ● Compassionate ● Aggressive
Email or Call 330-754-4861

Child support in Ohio is determined according to the Child Support Guidelines established by the state legislature. Several factors are taken into consideration, including:

  • Earnings of both parents (including that from employment and interest/dividends)
  • Income taxes
  • Previous support orders (for children from another relationship)
  • Alimony paid or received
  • Health insurance for the children
  • Child care expenses
  • Amount of time spent with the children by each parent

I help parents prepare child support computation worksheets and submit them to court for approval. It is important for both parents to remember that the overriding concern in the eyes of the court is always "the best interests of the children."

Enforcement and Modifications

If the parent responsible for paying child support falls behind, even for just one month, he or she may be in default. At The Law Office of Jason P. Reese, I can help you to take aggressive action to seek enforcement of child support orders and obtain back payment for delinquent child support using Wage Withholding Orders to employers, the military or the Social Security Administration (for those receiving government disability and retirement benefits).

Do you need a modification of an existing child support order because of a significant change in your financial circumstances or those of your former spouse? Whatever your situation, I am available to explain your legal options and will work aggressively to help you. Please contact our law office by phone at 330-754-4861 or email today.