Canton Spousal Support Attorney
Money is a source of worry and uncertainty for the parties to any divorce. Who will get the house? What about our debts? What can I do if I suspect my soon-to-be ex-spouse is hiding assets? Can I receive alimony payments in addition to child support?
At The Law Offices of Jason P. Reese in Canton, Ohio, we help men and women who are contemplating or going through divorce come to grips with the difficult financial issues they must face, including child support and alimony.
If you have questions or concerns about divorce and alimony in Ohio, please contact our Canton spousal support law office for your case evaluation. Talk to an attorney who knows what to do and is ready to help you.
Akron Alimony Lawyer — Call 330-754-2120
Honest ● Aggressive ● Compassionate
Often the first step in a divorce is the hardest: putting your feelings aside to think rationally about what lies ahead. It is okay and understandable to feel angry. After all, divorce for many people is equivalent to death, and there are many stages of grief to get through.
That is why it is important for you to seek help from an experienced Canton spousal support lawyer who will take time to listen to your concerns and then help you achieve financial stability to get on with your life.
Several factors are considered when determining alimony or spousal maintenance in Ohio, including:
- Income of both parties
- Relative earning potential of each spouse
- Assets and liabilities of both parties
- Retirement benefits of both spouses
- Ages and the physical, mental and emotional well-being of both parties
- Duration of the marriage
- Standard of living established during the marriage
- Education of both parties
- Contribution by one spouse to the education, training or earning ability of the other spouse
- Lost income capacity due to marital or household responsibilities
- Time needed for the party seeking spousal support to acquire education, training or work experience to obtain appropriate employment
- Child care needs
Contact an Akron Alimony Attorney
Whatever your spousal support needs or concerns, please contact The Law Offices of Jason P. Reese in Canton, Ohio, by phone or e-mail to learn how we can help you. We welcome clients from cities throughout northeast Ohio, including Akron, Massillon, Louisville, Navarre and Green. Call us at 330-754-2120 today.